Eden Garden Projects
It is appropriate that Cornucopia-enterprise has designed the Eden Gardens Project. It is the culmination of years of work and research to create a self sustaining campus that will provide food, water, and energy for thousands of people. Plus it will not be reliant on any central grid or system, so if there is a weather disaster, terrorist attack or international disruption of our food and energy supply chains, we can fall back on Eden Gardens Projects for supplies.
The Eden Gardens campus by Cornucopia-enterprise, will be able to serve as a back up, redundant supply.
We have been in contact with Senators, Governors , Homeland Security, Office of Emergency Planning and a host of municipal and community leaders, who like and support this project. In April, Cornucopia was invited to the Virgin Islands, not for vacation, but to meet with leaders to organize Eden Gardens projects there. We have learned that some remote areas, such as mountain, desert and island areas may have electric rates up to 8 times higher than urban areas of the USA and those areas which were one time huge agricultural producers and exporters have fallen into dependency upon tourism or retail . Much agricultural land has gone vacant and fallow, due to economic change, drought or simple lack of interest. (Does that sound familiar to you?) Indeed Eden Gardens promotes agriculture In a most profitable way, using greenhouses powered by solar panels and drip irrigated soils to grow healthy organic fresh food year around. We do sub soil heating so that even in cold climates we can grow food.
- Draws on and promotes Eco Tourism
- Creates stable jobs
- Includes a food canning facility to encourage other producers to grow can their foods with Eden Gardens Project, using our equipment a nd labor, and their label, in accordance with health standards.
- Includes a composting facility that can take organic refuse and turn it into profitable agricultural soils for farms, landscaping or gardening, thus eliminating tons in land fills and saving municipalities money. This will also eliminate bird and preditor problems in landfills. In some areas bears populate "land fills" to scavage organic refuse. In others, birds create flying hazards. Composting will eliminate this problem.
- Desalination. This campus will take salty or brackish water and desalinate it, providing a new supply of fresh water. Areas throughout the world are projecting water crisis. Eden Gardens has the solution and the technology to desalinate, otherwise useless water.
- Provides a place for students and professors to research and develop new integrated food and water technologies
- Will include a media center and produce videos, films, and publications for education and promote new and improved agricultural, energy and water applications
- Will have fish farms for production of food with omega oils and healthy sea food
- The Eden Garden master plan has areas designed for algae production. Algae can produce over 19 times more feed per acre for livestock than hay, cotton or milo. Also algae for oil production and a enclosed facility to grow pharmaceutical grade algae that may have cures for ulcers, even cancer.
- Eden Project can work with local developers to create an adjoining areas for housing utilizing PV and wind as well as excess power from the campus. This would allow Eco-tourists, researchers, or students to have a "green house" to stay in.
- Scalable and sizable, so that Eden Garden Projects could be small enough for a private business or large enough to feed and provide water and energy for large cities.
- A new market will emerge from people coming to Eden Gardens to purchase fresh and canned foods grown organically, which taste better,are healthier, and are a local product. This will increase traffic and people to the area, from cities far away. For every dollar they spend it multiplies 6.5 times locally.